Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2009 Race


Well the olde Ledyard Canoe Club did herself proud. The 2009 race was a great success, with more entrants than ever before and smooth execution from a staff of thousands... well, it felt like a staff of thousands. Anyway, props to ledyard for an awesome race, and for taking it off my hands. I was happy to get to paddle and not stress about details. 

















Couple of firsts in this race: Xavier Engle with the first race ever in a wavehopper!
















... and I was the first ever in a glass boat (slalom boat). 
















Xavier became a target for everyone and probably would have carried away first if he hadn't been so harassed. But that's creek racing for you. I on the other hand was in the worst shape of my life and popped my shoulder out halfway through the sprints. I managed to finish at a leisurely pace after that, but I need to remember not to push myself when I'm so out of it.

Top honors to ex-slalom guy John Gerstenberger (for the 2nd year in a row). 
















The Gerstenburglar out to an early lead: This guy is FAST. 

Here are the results (full results at the official homepage for the festival... http://www.dartmouth.edu/~lcc/riverfest/results/wells09.html):

1 John Gerstenberger
2 Xavier Engle
3 Ted Devoe
4 Matt Young
5 Nick Gottlieb
6 James Dubenburry
7 Christian Woodward
8 Jolyon Pruszinski
9 Brynne Weeks
10 Phillip Bracikowski
11 Robert Brady
12 Mike Porter
13 Erik Debbink
14 Simone Orland
15 Chris Zentner
16 Ben Peters
17 Morgan Boyles
18 Heather Scott
19 Anna Schumacher
20 Steve Cournoyer
21 Kevin Rathin
22 Alex Toth
23 Ellen Ludlow
24 Nichole Brown
25 Laura Tabor
26 Andrew Wagner
27 Douglas Piatt
28 Emily Yen
29 Charlie Watt
30 Michael Rodrigues

All photos courtesy of Patrick Rogers

Cohaereamus & Shalom
Jolyon

No comments: